Pre-training Training Week. I’m not really sure this is a real thing, but I’m making it real by declaring it so! That’s just the way I roll around here.
My official training starts on July 14. My training will be
- 3 runs/week
- 2 cross training/week
- 2 strength trainings/week
- yoga once/week
At least theoretically this is what I’ll be doing. From experience I know the best intended plans often take on a life of their own! The first 2-3 weeks I’ll be working up to the full 8 workouts/week.
But right now I’m working on getting 3-4 runs in a week to back in the training groove. I’ve been a bit lax in my working out the past few months, but now it’s show time so I’m amping it up! Or at least trying.
Here’s what I’ve learned so far in my Pre-training Training weeks.
- No matter how hard you try, you can’t cram for physical sports. At least I can’t at my level.
- I probably shouldn’t be training for a marathon right now. See above ^^^ But I will anyway. See below…
- I’m really stubborn sometimes. 😉
- 5AM is really early. But deciding to sleep in once that 5AM alarm goes off is guaranteed to be really crappy, guilt filled sleep! Might as well just get up and go running!
- Even a shorter training session than planned has positive effects physically and mentally.
- I like gadgets! I got a GPS watch for this marathon. It’s fun!
- I don’t like running in circles, but I’ll do whatever it takes to meet my goals! Running in circles is always more fun with my awesome training partner, Tina!
- I’m stronger than I think I am.
- Having someone to train for makes a BIG difference in my determination. Thank you I Run 4 Michael for matching me up with the BEST running buddy and family EVER!!!
- I like BIG goals! Anything less than 26.2 miles doesn’t interest me much. Unless there’s mud and beer involved. I’m more interested then.
- It’s hard to get back into the swing off things after taking a break from working out. Better to just keep going then to take a long break. Please feel free to remind me this when I burn out again on Dec 1, 2014!
- My husband ROCKS! My number #1 Fan and super supporter!
- My girls are right up there with my hubby! They inspire me to be my best!
- I’m crazy. Probably certifiable. Running a marathon for fun is not sane. Period. It’s just not! Doing it for a 2nd time? I’m half expecting a straight jacket instead of a medal at the end of this race! And yet I keep going! Oh boy.
So that’s where I am this week. I keep plugging along knowing that each day, each baby step or two, will get me across the finish line. Thanks for coming on this crazy journey with me this time. The road to 26.2 is long, but doable. I can’t wait to share the finish line with you on November 30!