Yesterday I posted my cyborg face where I mentioned that I had made my own fake blood to use. This was so ridiculously easy that I wanted to share with you how to do it too! My children were so impressed that I had made blood and how cool it was that I couldn’t resist passing on this coolness making recipe to you!
So, without further ado… EDIBLE FAKE BLOOD!
Light Corn Syrup
Red, blue, green food dye
Cocoa powder (not hot cocoa mix which will make it lighter, not darker.)
- Fill a ramekin about half way with CORN SYRUP.
- Add many drops of RED DYE…try 20 drops and go from there. Mix well.
- Add a drop or two of BLUE & GREEN DYE. A little bit goes a long way, don’t use much. Mix well.
- Add about a teaspoon of COCOA POWDER. Mix well.
- Add more RED DYE or COCOA POWDER if you need. Mix well. You’re trying to get a blood look…try some on your hand to see how it looks. Mine looked more brown in the dish, but was perfect on the skin.
Tip: I would recommend trying to mix the cocoa powder with a small amount of water before adding it into the corn syrup. Mine ended up really lumpy. I decided that I didn’t mind the extra texture from the lumps for our halloween costumes, but you may want it more smooth.
This is really sticky and will stain! But truly, if I’m using fake blood for a costume chances are it’s one that a little blood is only going to enhance the costume!
Have fun and share below if you make this yourself!